Sunday 30 November 2008

Salute to Brave Son’s of Mother India

I have the highest regard and respect for those brave sons’ who gave up their lives in the last few days, so that we could be secure. My eyes fill with tears for those who sacrificed their lives for the nation. My eyes fill with the redness of the blood of the innocent countrymen too!

Before hitting my pillow at 03.30 AM I thought let me see what’s the latest on the TV news channels? Practically every TV channel was showing cremation of our martyrs’ and I only saw a few photo placards displayed!. A thought crossed my mind “but I heard there were many more than just a few that I see here that died! And who are those and their names? I then, tried searching on the various search engines of the list of those names than just the ones I see on the TV now.

My internet search engine however, sprung up with a strange comment of the Maharashtra Chief Minister, Mr Vilasrao Deshmukh. "Eleven of our policemen laid down their lives, including five good officers,"
  1. Hemant Karkare (IPS) Chief of Anti-Terrorism Squad, Maharashtra.
  2. Ashok Kamte (IPS), additional commissioner of police, East Region, Mumbai.
  3. Vijay Salaskar, police inspector, anti-extortion cell, Mumbai.
  4. Maj. Sandeep Unnikrishnan, a National Security Guard (NSG) commando
  5. H.C. Gajendra Singh, another National Security Guard (NSG) commando
The only website which has published the names of the brave men was CNN quoting IBN which listed the other slain police officers as: Who probably were not so good officers in the eyes of the Chief Minister of Maharashtra state.

  1. Shashank Shinde, police inspector, CST Railway Police Station, Mumbai.
  2. Praksh P. More, police sub inspector, LT Marg Police Station
  3. Bapusaheb Durugade, police sub inspector, L.A.1, Naigaon
  4. Tukaram G. Omble, assistant police sub inspector, D.B. Marg Police Station
  5. Balasaheb Bhosale, assistant police sub inspector
  6. Arun Chitte, police constable
  7. Jaywant Patil, police constable
  8. Yogesh Patil, police constable
  9. Ambadas Pawar, police constable
  10. M.C. Chowdhary, police head constable, R.P.F.
  11. Mukesh B. Jadhav, Home Guard constable

A military funeral was held today in Bangalore for Maj. Sandeep Unnikrishnan, a National Security Guard (NSG) commando who braved his life at the Taj hotel. The body of another NSG officer, H.C. Gajendra Singh, was taken to his native Dehradun who laid his life at Mumbai's Chabad House, a Jewish community center.

I do not wish to say any more than I have. Readers of the blog are free to draw their own interpretation and the difference between “good officers” and” the other’s” in the eyes of the politicians of our “great nation”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The less said of our politicians the better. I was shocked to hear our other politician, Deputy Chief Minister Mr R R Patil saying on TV " AISI CHOTI-MOTI GHATANYEN TO HAR SHAHARMEIN HOTI RAHATIN HAIN". Can one be more insensitive!! Death of nearly 200 innocent people , physical injuries to 900 people and mental scarring of millions is a CHOTI-MOTI GHATNA !!! I am ashamed of myself why I am condemned to share time-space with these monsters.

Anonymous said...

May their soul rest in peace,unfortunately some have to die defending their nation as
part of their chosen job. I hope the nation and the politician will take care of their family unlike the other dead ones who found themselves at the wrong place at the wrong time. They lost their life for no just reason.