Friday 28 November 2008

केवल दो गीत लिखे मैंने Only two songs I wrote

Part of my operation list was postponed this afternoon due to the sudden illness of a patient and thus no wonder sat on the television watching the live coverage of Mumabai tragedy, flipping channels on Tata-Sky. After some times the pain of the innocents overwhelmed and frustration started cropping in. Before slipping into the mood of despondancy I began started surfing on the net and came across this song written by Rajendra Rajan from Sharanpur, which I liked. I have done my inept translation, I hope you may like. Nirmal


इक गीत तुम्हारे मिलने का One song, when I met you
इक गीत तुम्हारे खोने का One song, when I lost you

सड़कों-सड़कों, शहरों-शहरों Roads-Roads, Cities-Cities
नदियों-नदियों, लहरों-लहरों Rivers-Rivers, Waves-Waves
विश्वास किये जो टूट गये Several trusts were broken
कितने ही साथी छूट गये Several friends left
पर्वत रोये-सागर रोये Mountains cried–seas wept
नयनों ने भी मोती खोये Eyes too lost thier sheen

सौगन्ध गुंथी-सी अलकों में In eyes full of promises
गंगा-जमुना सी पलकों में and lashes like Ganges-Yamuna
केवल दो स्वप्न बुने मैंने I weaved only two dreams
इक स्वप्न तुम्हारे जगने का One dream of yours waking-up
इक स्वप्न तुम्हारे सोने का One dream of your going to sleep

बचपन-बचपन, यौवन-यौवन Childhood-Childhood, Youth-Youth
बन्धन-बन्धन, क्रन्दन-क्रन्दन Ties-Ties, Torments-Torments
नीला अम्बर,श्यामल मेघा Blue skies, Dark clouds
किसने धरती का मन देखा Has anyone seen the soul of the land
सबकी अपनी मजबूरी है All have their own incapabilities
चाहत के भाग्य लिखी दूरी Distances are created by the fate of love

मरुथल-मरुथल,जीवन-जीवन Desserts-Desserts, Life-Life
पतझर-पतझर, सावन-सावन Autumn-Autumn, Rains-Rains
केवल दो रंग चुने मैंने I chose only two colors
इक रंग तुम्हारे हंसने का One is of your smile
एक रंग तुम्हारे रोने का and one of yours' sadness

केवल दो गीत लिखे मैंने Only two songs I wrote
इक गीत तुम्हारे मिलने का One song, when I met you
इक गीत तुम्हारे खोने का One song, when I lost you

राजेन्द्र राजन-सहारनपुर Rajendra Rajan-Saharanpur

No comments: