Wednesday 1 October 2008

A verse from Gitanjali: Rabindranath Tagore

This morning when I wokeup I did not have sufficient time to work on the medical textbook that I am authoring. I therefore, decided to go through Rabindranath Tagore's "Gitanjali" which I bought when I was 14 years old and lived in Hoshangabad (M.P.). Following is the vesre that I read this morning, I share with you... Nirmal Gupta

"When I bring to you coloured toys, my child, I understand why there is such a play of colours on clouds, on water, and why flowers are painted in tints---when I give coloured toys to you, my child.

When I sing to make you dance, I truly know why there is music in leaves, and why waves send their chorus of voices to the heart of the listening earth---when I sing to make you dance.

When I bring sweet things to your hands I know why there is honey in the cup of the flowers and why fruits are secretly filled with sweet juice---when I bring sweet things to your hands.

When I kiss on your forehead to make you smile, my darling, I surely understand what pleasure streams from the sky in morning light, and what delight that is which the summer breeze brings to my body---when I kiss you to make you smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was soul stirring...

Anonymous said...

dear nirmal
I saw your new encouraging blog. it is beautiful. may god bless you, with lots of blessings.-sushma

--whenever you have time read this it will make you richer in your knowledge. The work of byron katie. same thing youcan see on you tube also. four questions and turnaround.
with this practice i live stress free and enjoyinging my life to make a difference.. (i read "giving" by bill clinton) to make a difference.

Dialogue With Prof Nirmal Gupta said...

Thank you, Maam for making me richer than I was, a few hours ago before I finished reading your comment. Kind regards and respect, Nirmal